WASHINGTON -- At its 18th Annual Economic Patriots Dinner this Wednesday, The Concord Coalition will honor Senators Saxby Chambliss (R-Ga.) and Mark Warner (D-Va.) and present a panel of experts discussing the challenges facing the congressional “super committee” on deficit reduction with its deadline three weeks away.
The dinner will be held at the Phoenix Park Hotel in Washington from 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 2.
The panel discussion will be moderated by Candy Crowley, CNN’s award-winning chief political correspondent and anchor of State of the Union with Candy Crowley. Panel members will be Warner, Chambliss; former senators Evan Bayh (D-In.) and Pete Domenici (R-N.M.); Comeback America Initiative CEO and former U.S. Comptroller General David Walker, and Concord Coalition Executive Director Robert Bixby.
Former Sen. Sam Nunn (D-Ga.), a member of Concord’s Board of Directors, will present the 2011 Paul E. Tsongas Economic Patriot Award to Senators Warner and Chambliss, who head the Senate’s “Gang of Six,” for their leadership in the search for bipartisan solutions to our nation’s fiscal and economic difficulties.
The Paul E. Tsongas Economic Patriot Award recognizes leaders who have demonstrated a commitment to fiscal integrity and generational responsibility. Named for Concord’s late founding co-chairman, the award has honored individuals from the government, politics and business.
WHAT: The Concord Coalition’s 18th Annual Economic Patriots Dinner
WHEN: Wednesday, Nov. 2
- 6 p.m. Reception
- 7 p.m. Dinner
- 8:15 p.m. Presentation of 2011 Economic Patriot Awards
- 8:30 p.m. Panel Discussion on the Nation’s Fiscal and Economic Challenges
- 9:30 p.m. Conclusion of Program
WHERE: The Phoenix Park Hotel, 520 N. Capitol Street, NW, Washington, DC
- Candy Crowley, CNN’s chief political correspondent and anchor of State of the Union with Candy Crowley
- Sen. Saxby Chambliss (R-Ga.)
- Sen. Mark Warner (D-Va.)
- Evan Bayh, former senator (D-In.) and partner, McGuireWoods, LLP
- Pete Domenici, former senator (R-N.M.) and co-chair of the Bipartisan Policy Center's Debt Reduction Task Force
- David Walker, CEO of the Comeback America Initiative and former comptroller general of the United States
- Robert Bixby, executive director of The Concord Coalition
The Concord Coalition is a non-partisan, grassroots organization dedicated to fiscal responsibility. Former U.S. Senators Warren B. Rudman (R-NH) and Bob Kerrey (D-NE) serve as Concord's co-chairs.